Benefits for Patients
The Saddle can be used indoors at the clinic, or even at home. It offers convenient access to complex riding motions that provide continuous, rhythmic sensory input to the rider. This input stimulates responses in the rider that many therapists already recognize to provide benefits for a number of purposes:
• Therapy – Improve motor skills, balance, coordination, postural control, timing, and speech development.
• Exercise – Stretch and strengthen muscles and joints, particularly in the core and hips.
• Training – Develop and practice proper riding posture and skills.
• Relaxation – Relax joints and muscles for improved comfort and range of motion.
• Calming – Encourage calmness, attention, and focus to perform activities and exercises.
Use the Saddle to offer a unique treatment option to your clients. The Saddle’s low profile allows you to address and manipulate your client even while they ride.
• Normalize hypertonicity and hypotonicity
• Enhance response to treatment
• Stimulate vestibular and muscular responses
• Improve effectiveness of subsequent interventions
Use the Saddle to compliment horse riding when:
• Increased treatment frequency is desired
• Weather is too inclement
• Clients may have allergies or fear of horses
• Client’s condition may be unsafe for riding a horse
• Warm-up or preliminary training is needed
”Wow! You’ve really captured the realistic horse movement!”
“I know this is a valuable tool, having over 25 years experience as an Occupational Therapist. We have found the movement to be extremely calming to all – the complex rocking motion has greatly assisted in task attention and participation. The 3 year old boy was unable to complete a 5 minute task at a table. After the first time he rode we were able to engage in 3 tasks and sat for 20 or more minutes! His parent was able to observe and noted the change as profound. We have this result consistently. The 10 year old is now able to go from sitting to standing out of a chair without use of armrests and/or assistance, so progress is evident in just a few uses.”
“This better replicates the horse than other products … I feel like, Okay! We’re going to the next horse.”
“There was an instance where it rained and two days straight we did riding lessons inside and used it all day long to teach indoor lessons.”
JoyRide offers their clients our riding option with normal lessons or on days when the horses need rest, weather does not permit sessions and any other circumstances – which keeps up consistency for their clients’ therapy.
JoyRide found their regular cancellation rate for sessions with clients dropped from 25% to 2% over a three month period.
“I have been blessed to study with and be mentored by some of the leaders in organic motion simulation and have a deep passion to help people recover from injuries and disabilities by designing and building safe and innovative products which precisely simulate organic motion.”
“This brings the added element of a lateral bend, resembling the back foot of a horse rolling forward … A smoother motion you don’t get with other products.”